Thursday, July 14, 2016

Nike ID Dunk High

I'm a huge fan of Nike Dunks, both high tops and low, but I don't like some of the subtle changes they've been making to them recently. I never really got into the mids though I owned a few pairs here and there. This is a custom pair I had made from Nike ID. I don't know what I was thinking when I designed these because I was never really into them and didn't wear them much. Also, the leather was very vinyl-ish which means it was stiff and resisted creasing. As I wrote before, I like soft leather that creases on my sneakers. I have nothing against creased leather on kicks. It's just more natural looking. Anyway, a few years later I ordered another custom pair from Nike ID that I still have and wear to this day. I definitely intend to have at least another made because the stock versions available are just not my cup of tea. I like to keep it simple and classy, not gaudy and attention-seeking. The pair I currently have is the only pair of Dunks I have at the moment. Dunks are a classic design that will hopefully never go away. The only thing I would change on Dunks is the number of perforations on the toe box. I think there's way too many. In fact, I would also like to have the option at least on the ID pairs to not have any perforations at all.

These photos are of the custom pair I no longer own:












No comments:

Post a Comment