Sunday, July 24, 2016

Vans Wylie in Mid Grey & Orange

I guess everyone knows that Vans has always been a skate shoe company even though nowadays you will see scores of people who have never put a board to their feet, including yours truly. Personally I don't care about that. My philosophy is if you like something wear it, notwithstanding its intended purpose. That means if you like skate shoes but you don't skate, wear them anyway. If you like running sneakers but you don't run, wear them. If you're a guy and you like women's skinny jeans, just freaking wear them. It doesn't really matter if people say you're a poser. Everyone's a poser in some sense. As I wrote before, most of my collection has been comprised of basketball, running, skate and casual sneakers, but all I ever wear any of them now is casually. I don't really care what anyone thinks. Sneakers is life, dude. That being said, here is another pair of Vans I once had. These are Vans Wylie and they probably weren't meant for hardcore skating but what do I know? This was actually the second pair of Wylies I had, the first being mainly black nubuck with some white and red highlights.

This one here was very nice as I am a big fan of grey kicks. However, I never wore these and ended up parting with them eventually. Why? I don't know but as I said before I can be pretty fickle when it comes to sneakers. I can spend hours and days looking for a place to buy a certain pair online only to barely wear them, if at all, and eventually lose interest and sell them. The Wylie is another simple and classic design which in my opinion should never go away. These are what I would call a perfect pair of "shorts shoes" as they go great with some nice shorts. I'd still take the Holder over the Wylie though....







NEXT UP: More Vans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment