Wednesday, June 15, 2016

1989 Nike Air Jordan IV in White, Red & Black

I believe I only bought three pairs of Jordans from Vintage USA auction. Make that four. And the first one I ever got was a pair of original 1989 Air Jordan IV in white/red/black. The shoes did not have their original laces or any laces for that matter and I was bummed out by that because, as you can see in the photos, bright new laces on old beat up sneakers is not a great look. At least not to me it isn't. But I was thrilled to be getting my very first pair of Jordan IVs. And these were a size that I could definitely wear.

As far as the condition of these, well, the pictures speak for themselves. Heavily creased, lots of sole wear, ripping inside lining, air pockets shot, etc. As you can see, the soles seemed to be pretty curved especially on the instep sides. But despite all this, the shoes were very comfortable and I was even able to wear them, unlike the cement AJ IV I wrote about before which just came apart after one wearing. Even though these were virtually trashed and the air pockets were popped, the foam midsoles were pretty much intact and I could wear them without causing additional damage. I do remember wearing them just one time and that was to Dominick's grocery store.

Eventually I parted ways with this pair of Jordans as well. I don't remember getting much for them, even though I think I paid a pretty penny for them on Vintage USA. I might have held onto them if they had their original laces. But I still intend to get a pair of these whenever they shall be released again. I know, they will cost $220 or more. But I don't care. If I can I will.














No comments:

Post a Comment