Sunday, June 5, 2016

Nike Cortez Nylon in White & Obsidian

So currently I'm really into Nike Cortez Nylon sneakers. I have had so many pairs of these shoes. For whatever reason I never wore any of them very much and ended up selling all but one. And to be honest, I regret having sold many of them right now. The one I still do have is a grey/white pair from 2002 that I have revived from my wardrobe. They are great, comfortable, lightweight sneakers for warmer weather. I think I had a grand total of 3 pairs of this particular shoe but I ended up selling the other 2, brand new, over the years. Yes, I do regret it.

Another pair I regret having sold is a white/obsidian Nike Cortez Nylon. Here are photos of the pair I had:










There have been many variations of Nike Cortez Nylon over the years. This particular pair features Nike written in all caps on the back and on the tongue and a shiny metal lace tag that says "Cortez 72".

That was a great pair of shoes! I miss these a lot. I have no idea why I sold them. As I mentioned in my intro, I am pretty fickle with sneakers, so while one day I may be in love with a certain pair, the next day I may be trying to get rid of it. Unfortunately, these Cortez nylon are no longer available in white. Can't even find them used on ebay. I love the simple design of the Cortez and am a big fan of the nylon and suede combination. I have owned a few of the leather & nubuck versions, which I will eventually post photos of, but I was never a huge fan of theirs. Nylon Cortez all the way!


NEXT POST: More Nike Cortez

NOTE: ALL PHOTOS ON THIS WEBSITE ARE THE PROPERTY OF THE AUTHOR OF THIS BLOG & ARE NOT ALLOWED FOR REPRODUCTION OR USE ON OTHER WEBSITES WITHOUT THE EXPRESSED CONSENT OF THE OWNER. 

No comments:

Post a Comment