Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Nike Nylon Cortez in Grey & White (circa 2002)

After having owned so many pairs of Nike Cortez, especially the Nylon Cortez, I am down to only one pair. I have started wearing this one again as it is a great, lightweight summer shoe that you won't see virtually anyone wearing.

These photos are of a brand new pair that I never got around to wearing. I purchased 3 of these shoes in early 2003 because they were so inexpensive. I ended up selling the 2 unworn pairs and still have the one I started wearing 13 years ago!






Now here is the pair I still have and wear:











They're still in great shape except for the leather lining which is flaking off now. These used to be my favorite shoes when I got them. It's just that I was accumulating so many sneakers around that era that I wanted to wear other ones and eventually these ended up taking a back seat to others. But now I have a much reduced collection and these are one of my go-to kicks again. I just added an extra insole for more comfort recently.

Note: There is currently a used pair of these exact sneakers on ebay for $70 shipped. And they are in worse condition than mine!!


NEXT POST: More Nike Nylon Cortez

NOTE: ALL PHOTOS ON THIS WEBSITE ARE THE PROPERTY OF THE AUTHOR OF THIS BLOG & ARE NOT ALLOWED FOR REPRODUCTION OR USE ON OTHER WEBSITES WITHOUT THE EXPRESSED CONSENT OF THE OWNER. 

No comments:

Post a Comment